- Santa does not make children cry. If you see kids, don't freak them out. Give them a nice smile and a gift (candy etc). Adults are a different matter altogether - adjust based on their attitude.
- Santa dresses for all occasions. Smart Santas wear multiple costume layers. Dress to maximize merriment at the North Pole or on a stripper pole.
- Santa doesn't whine! We will be outside and walking - bring what you need to keep your pie-hole filled until we get indoors.
- Don't be that santa. Drinking with Santa is fun. Babysitting Pukey McAlcoholPoisoning is lame.
- Always pay for your drinks and tip the bar staff. We want to be able to do this again. Be polite and cultivate the goodwill of the local community.
- Pay for your drinks as soon as you get them. Santas get tired of waiting for santas to clear their tabs before moving on.
- No Santa's left behind! Santa is considerate of his fellow santas. Pick a few people you know and keep an eye out for them. Look for them when it's time to move. If you don't see them, speak up so santa knows to wait a moment.
- Stay with the Crimson Tide! It's not just "the more, the merrier" - Santa is safer with large numbers of fellow santas. And waiting for stragglers gets boring awfully quick.
- Remember: this is about fun! Most santas take their fun with a little alcohol. However, Santas will be unapologetically ejected for any kind of violent, harassing or intimidating behavior. There is no "Bail Fund" for Incarcerated Santas. If you cross the fun line into asshole land, you'll be on your own.
- Santa doesn't drink & drive. If you're going to drink, you must make sure that you can get safely home without driving yourself.
- You must address everyone as "Santa".
- You should "Ho! Ho! Ho!" like Santa.
- You're encouraged to drink like Santa
- You may want to give out gifts like Santa. Maybe naughty gifts to give grown ups; nice gifts to give kids. Throwing coal at people is discouraged, no matter who they are. Yes: that includes politicians, investment bankers, the 1%, etc. But giving out coal might actually be appreciated.
- Santa doesn't talk to the press. Even "Ho! Ho! Ho!" is too dangerous these days.
- Read Santa's Four F's and then read these guidelines one more time.
- Have a great time!!
This is a repost of the Santacon Guidelines from http://santacon.info/About.html